Saturday, June 20, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

We're home! As much as we loved the entire trip it is good to be home. Thanks to my brother Mike and sister-in-law, Donna for picking us up at the airport and to Mom and Dad for dropping us off two weeks ago. Thanks to my friend, Steve Vipperman for pushing us to get the Garmin GPS (He actually offered us his to use, but we decided on making the investment ourselves). This was worth every penny, as restaurants and bunches of other points of interest were found without any trouble.

It sounds goofy, but I thank Nikon for developing such a cool new camera. I purchased the D5000 before the trip and it took some fantastic pictures. It was somewhat pricey, but I plan on using it for several years and hope for several thousand future pics. I would highly recommend it. I am not sure of the exact amount, but I believe I took somewhere between 800-1000 pictures. That doesn't include some video and the digital camera the Jen was using the whole trip.

We thank God for safe passage and overall good health throughout the two weeks. We traveled nearly 3000 through some of the most dangerous territory known to mankind (LA, Las Vegas and San Francisco) and made it without incident. Jen was very close to receiving a ticket from a kind police officer, but we were blessed with a friendly warning instead.

Finally, we thank all of you who were following and posting comments along the way. Some of the days were very long and it was nice to sit down and read some of the messages that many of you posted. It made us feel like we were still just a short distance from everyone, even though we were thousands of miles away. It also made it feel as though some of you were on vacation with us. We loved having you along for the ride!

I will try to post final day pics tomorrow and maybe even add a few more here and there. Thanks again! Stay in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

View White Vacation 09 in a larger map