Monday, June 8, 2009

A Day in LA

We began the day making the 250 (give or take) mile trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. We arrived in LA around 11:30AM and had prearranged to meet our niece Kristi and her boyfriend and son, Aron and Avery. We met at a Korean BBQ restaurant near their home in Culver City (a suburb) to eat lunch. It was nice seeing them again and sharing a couple hours together. After lunch we drove up to the Le Brea Tar Pits (interesting attraction) and then into Hollywood. Late this afternoon we drove from Hollywood to Santa Clarita (city driving on 12 lanes is highway are not for me), where we are spending the night at the Hampton Inn. Tomorrow we head north for Yosemite (Now we're talking my kind of vacation spot). I am looking forward to it. We thank God for our safety and health. We wish all of you following this blog the same.

4 comments:

  1. Hey guys!
    It sounds and looks like you are having a great time!
    I am enjoying your pictures. I can't wait for the ones of Yosemite (also my kind of vacation spot!!)!
    ~Charity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like you are all having a great family vacation! I have enjoyed all the pics and I am excited for you as you venture into Yosemite and all of God's beauty exhibited there. Be safe and keep having fun. Uncle Todd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys! I read them to the family and they enjoyed hearing from you. The second day in Yosemite was today and we were floored by the beauty both days! We had perfect weather (75 or so) and visibility both days (as you can see in the pics). We have been busy and I will continue to try to keep things updated when I can. Off to San Fran tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Hope you all are having a good time. The pics are great. What camera did you end up getting?
    We saw the Sequoia trees out there and pictures just can't show how huge they really are.

    Have fun!
    Tim

    ReplyDelete

 

View White Vacation 09 in a larger map