Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 9 (June 14) - Eureka to Red Bluff

We took our time checking out in Eureka this morning and made our way down Route 299 to Redding. This was another beautiful drive. Most the route follows right along the Trinity River. Much of the river is white water and we saw a few people doing some white water rafting along the way. Route 299 also had a couple neat historical towns. We didn't stop, but both Whiskeytown and Shasta looked pretty interesting.

We are staying south of Redding in Red Bluff tonight at a Hampton Inn. We arrived about 1:00PM and the kids have been swimming a couple of hours. We are heading out shortly to get a bite to eat and take a look at some nearby sites. I wanted to see Lassen National Forest, but it's about an hour down the road and we have a big drive again tomorrow from here to Lake Tahoe area, so we probably won't put the kids through much more driving tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Hi everyone!
    The pictures at the ocean are wonderful!!!!
    I think we drove through the same tree you did on June 12th's pictures.
    I don't blame you for cutting the trip to Crater Lake. I know it gets tiring.
    Hang in there. You are making memories that will last a lifetime for you and the kids.
    Aimee
    I think this blog is great! I hope to do this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are awesome! The coast pictures are beautiful. The water is so blue in some of them.
    I'm not sure you could get me to go up in one of the sky trams! Yikes!
    It's nice to see big Paul Bunyan and Babe again! I bet Mom and Dad have a picture of Tim and I in front of it just like Ben and Elli are. haha! :)
    It looks like you are all enjoying your time out west! Safe travels!
    ~Charity

    ReplyDelete

 

View White Vacation 09 in a larger map